News & Items for Sale
2018 / 2019 Events
The 2018 / 2019 events calendar is now available for members to view. Please click here for a copy of the calendar.
A brief summary of the competition rules are as follows;
A full copy of the competition rules can be found here.
- We will be holding two competitions on each evening for print and digital entries.
- All submitted images will be scored out of a maximum 20 marks by the judge.
- Scores will be added up at the end of the season to determine the prize winners.
top 3 images (or more images if scores are tied) on a competition night
it will not be elligible to be entered again except the Image of the
- Digital images must be resized to 1600 pixels x 1200 pixels. Please click here for information on resizing images.
- Print images must be mounted with a maximum size of 50cm x 40cm.
Nobles Hospital DisplayThe
Southern Photographgic Society currently displays a number of frames
pictures in the corridores at Nobles Hospital to help brighten up the
environment and add some interest for patients and visitors. We are
currently looking to add to the number of images which we have on
display. Members are invited to submit images - subject matter
being predominantly 'happy' scenes such as Flowers, Wildlife, Manx
Landscapes and so on.
If you are interested, please e-mail your images to firstname.lastname@example.org - initally low resolution images will do, but if your images is chosen we will ask for full resolution images for printing.
2019 / 2020 Competition SubjectsFor those members who want to start taking pictures in advance, next seasons subjects will be;
- Song/Book/Film Titles
- Close Up
- Shaddows & Silhouettes